Carl Walker, Inc., a leader in the design of parking structures, is seeking a talented and motivated candidate to serve as a Project Engineer assisting our Indianapolis office .
The position involves engineering and design of new parking structure projects. A structural engineering, or comparable, background is required; however, previous experience with parking design is not necessary. After becoming familiar with parking structure design and CWI processes, the position will evolve to include project management, incorporating communication and coordination with internal and external clients, and management of project resources.
- BS Structural, Civil, or Architectural Engineering, or a BA in Architecture, or an MSCE from an ABET accredited engineering program with focus on structural engineering;
- Professional Engineering or Architecture License preferred;
- 4+ years of related work experience in engineering and design of buildings, bridges, or comparable concrete or steel structures;
- Strong technical, written, and verbal communication skills;
- Problem-solving, and analytical skills;
- Team leadership skills and experience;
- Experience with Revit, AutoCAD, Mathcad, SAP2000;
- Proficiency with MS Office applications.
Key Responsibilities and Duties Include:
- Contribute to project design and the production, construction cost estimates, specifications, and drawings;
- Coordinate project planning and quality reviews;
- Assist: with project structural engineering analysis, design, and document production; with potential and current clients to communicate progress and solve issues; the Carl Walker team during the bidding phase, including pre-bid meetings, addenda, bid evaluations, review of alternates and substitutions; the Carl Walker team during the construction administration phase, including preconstruction meetings, construction review, project meetings, test report review, project close-out, etc.;
- Achieve client satisfaction and loyalty.
Ideal candidates should be enthusiastic, responsible, conscientious, team-oriented, self-motivated, analytical, and able to get along well with others.
We offer an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance, a 401(k) plan, and a friendly, collaborative work environment.
Carl Walker strives to be an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to achieving and maintaining a workforce which reflects and affirms the diversity of our society.